Sunday, June 28, 2009

The many faces of Simon Wesley Vieira

After going back to work full-time, it was truly enjoyable to spend time at home with my family over the weekend. I will never take another Saturday or Sunday for granted again. Sara was here for a few days as well and she pampered us with home-cooked meals and a sweet patio umbrella.

Simon checked in with Dr. Bentley Friday and everything's going well. He's 7 lb 1 oz and 22 inches long. So he's 4 oz shy of his birth weight, but has grown 1.5 inches. He's a long and lean little pinenut.

Today he met his Salem UMC family in what turned out to be a warm service. I held Simon for most of it. By the time I handed him off to his mother, I had a big baby-sized wet spot on my chest. But it was worth it. Then we topped of the evening with Grandma Curson's birthday dinner featuring Sunny Anderson's maniladas with white cheese & roasted tomatillo sauces. Mmmm....



And you're probably wondering about the blog title now, eh? Well, I finally downloaded a Father's Day photo shoot and here are the results:

Shock & awe.

Deeply concerned about what the future will bring.

Ready to burst into giggles (or ready to load up his drawers).

Racking his brain over the Cash Cab video bonus.

Doing his best "Whata you talkin' about Willis".

That is it for now. Have a good week!

1 comment:

  1. I'm at the Mothership and showing my nuns little Simon! They LOVE him. :)

    ReplyDelete