Saturday, October 10, 2009

Sniffles, Soup and Snow

This week Simon had his first cold. To make matters worse, I also had a cold. Poor Paul got to hear both of us cough and sniffle all through the night. I don't think any of us got much sleep. Simon and I took the day off on Monday at stayed home to nap. On Tuesday we took him to daycare and I got a call around 11:30 a.m. - they thought he had an ear infection because he was swiping at his ear and was cranky. Our doctor was booked, so Paul took him to Urgent Care. After two hours of waiting, we find out he didn't have an ear infection. But, I guess it is best to be cautious. Even though he has been sick, he has been a pretty happy baby. Lots of smiles and cooing.

Wednesday was our 9th wedding anniversary. Since we weren't feeling all the great, we didn't go out to celebrate. We stayed in and I made a vegetarian corn chowder with cayenne and rosemary. It was really yummy. Tonight Paul and I are going to go out to dinner at a Greek restaurant in town. My parents took us there when we first moved here, but between certain foods being off limits when you are pregnant (soft cheeses, wine, etc.) and morning sickness (i.e. all day sickness), I was unable to eat most of the stuff on the menu. I am looking forward to going again tonight. Simon is going to hang out with my mom and dad and watch the Michigan - University of Iowa game this evening. He'll be wearing his Michigan onesie to support the Wolverines.

It is snowing this morning - just like it did the morning of our wedding. There must be something about the second Saturday in October in Iowa - it has to snow. Paul has yet to do the final mow on the lawn. Hopefully we'll have some more nice days soon, but looking at the forecast this week, I think it is going to be cold and wet for a least the next 7 days.

Here are a few cute pics from the week.


Simon and Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment