First, Simon had his 4 month checkup and shots. It turns out that the Wii Fit is not a good baby weighing device. Simon weighs 14lbs and 3 oz and he is 26 inches long. He is doing great - the doctor said he is doing all the things he should be doing, plus a little more.
After he got his shots, Simon came down with a fever so Paul and I tagged teamed on Wednesday. I stayed home with Simon in the morning and Paul stayed home with him in the afternoon. He was feeling pretty good on Thursday morning, but by Thursday evening the fever was back. We called the doctor and they got us in for first thing Friday morning. Of course, the fever was gone and Simon was all smiles by the time we got into the office. It was just a reaction to the shots and possibly a lingering cold.
This weekend I decided to channel Martha Stewart (my idol), and I made glitter pumpkins/gourds. I've done these for a few years now - they look really nice and last for a few months. Below is a picture of some partially done gourds. I'll put the finished product in some time this week. This weekend I also made and froze baby food for Simon. He won't be eating solids for another two months or so, but I had an abundance of organic zucchini and needed to do something with it. I steamed it, pureed it and froze it in ice cube trays so that we have small portions for Simon when he is ready. I also bought some peas, so I will be steaming peas and making sweet pea puree too. It was really easy to do - all I need now is a bigger freezer.
This week we are watching Zach and Maggie, my parent's dogs. We have more dogs than humans in the house this week! We've done it before, so it shouldn't be a problem - we just have lots of dogs running about and playing.
Alright - gotta go to bed. Here are a few pics. We have some cute video, but I don't have time to upload tonight. Perhaps we'll do that later this week.
Simon helping me clean gourds before glittering them.
Glitter gourds drying.
Nikki and Simon taking an afternoon nap.
Nikki and Simon playing
No comments:
Post a Comment