Simon has a few new tricks too. He has become quite a mover in his sleep. Friday evening I put him in his sleep positioner in his crib. Saturday morning I found that he had rolled out of the sleep positioner and was laying on his side looking at the mirror in his crib. Last night we went without the positioner and put him with his feet at one end of the crib. By morning, he was all the way at the other end.
He has slept through the night every night in the past week. It is so wonderful to get 7 hours or more of sleep at night. We keep thawing out a bag of milk each night just in case he wakes up at 3am and is hungry, but so far we haven't used it. We just take it to daycare the next morning. I'm afraid that if I don't thaw out a bag, he will wake up in the middle of the night and we will have to run downstairs to get milk from the freezer, etc.
He is very alert and has started reaching for objects. He also really likes to carry around a burp cloth. I tried to get him to hold on to nicer things like his Taggies blanket, but he really just likes to hold on to the burp cloth. I at least try to make sure he has a clean one when we go out.
We started a new class at church this week called, "Parenting from the Pew." It talks about getting your child involved in worship. Simon is a little too young for most of the principles, but the class is a good way for us to meet other young families in the church.
Here are a few pictures from the week. We tried to get a video of Simon giggling in the bath, but he didn't want to repeat his performance from earlier in the week.
Relaxing in his cradle.
Playing hide-n-seek
Tummy time (This is a rare shot because Simon almost immediately rolls on to his back when you put him on his tummy.)
Bath time. Simon now uses his tub without the infant sling. He loves to splash in the water.
No comments:
Post a Comment