When we found out we were pregnant, we started thinking about names. We came up with a girl's name right away, but couldn't think of what we wanted for a boy. Once we found out we were having a boy we started going through all the baby naming books, but couldn't find anything we liked. There is a lot of pressure naming a child - this is the name they will have for the rest of their life. Name him something like Bubba and his possibilities are limited...
In May we decided to get serious about finding a name for this baby. We were in church on Pentecost Sunday and the pastor was preaching about the Holy Spirit descending on the apostles, one being Simon Peter. I looked at Paul and said that Simon would be a neat name, so we added it to the list of possibilities.
Ten days later, my water broke. We still didn't have a name, just a list of first names and possible middle name combinations. By the time I had the C-section, we had the list down to 3 name combinations. We wanted to wait to see what he looked like before giving him a name.
In the recovery room Paul and I looked at our new little boy and we both thought that Simon was a fitting name for him. However, Paul had been up for over 24 hours and I was on some pretty good pain killers, so we decided to wait until we had some sleep and then we would name him. After some shut eye, Simon still sounded like a good name. We chose Wesley for his middle name as that is a family name on the Curson side.
So that is it - that is how we decided on "Simon Wesley."
One other note - in Hebrew, Simon means "he has heard" or "he who listens." I hope that he lives up to his name. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment