At 2:15 am on Saturday, Simon was officially one month old. He decided he didn't want to miss the exact moment of his birthday so he didn't sleep more than 2 hours Friday night to Saturday morning. I also didn't sleep more than 2 hours Friday night to Saturday morning. :) So, Saturday night we made a bold move. We transitioned Simon from the bassinet in our room to his crib in the nursery. He did quite well - he only fussed for a few minutes and then fell asleep. He has been sleeping 4 to 5 hours at a time in his crib. Paul has enjoyed watching how many bars Simon can get on the baby monitor.
Today was also a big day for Simon. First, he went to work with me for a few hours. I'm still on maternity leave, but my co-workers needed some help, so Simon and I came to the rescue. He did really well - I took his Boppy Bouncer to work and he napped most of the morning. This is a good sign. Simon starts daycare August 17th and I will be going back to work part time starting August 3rd. For those two weeks, Simon will be going to work with me.
Simon also went to his one month checkup with Dr. Bentley. He is now 8.5 lbs and still about 22 inches long. Dr. Bentley commented on how strong our little guy was - he lifts his head and is starting to roll over. She also said that of all the new babies she has as patients, Simon is her favorite little string bean.
Here are a few new pictures and a video of Simon's progress. Like Paul mentioned yesterday, we take a picture of Simon every Sunday, using the same blanket. We'll try to update the video each month so you can see how much he has grown.
Happy Baby
Thoughtful Baby
No comments:
Post a Comment