Today, Simon is 11 weeks old, or 2.5 months! At what point do you start counting in months? Deborah and I were talking about that last night. I have converted to months, she's still on the old system.
Simon's second week of daycare was interesting. His primary caregiver still had a wonky schedule as she came back from vacation, but next week, we'll be onto a normal schedule. To complicate things this week, torrential downpours caused the roof in Simon's infant room to leak and some of the drop ceiling tiles got soaky and fell to the floor. Luckily, it all happened overnight, but even the temporary room he was in developed a few spotty tiles. Hopefully, he'll be back in his room tomorrow.
Julie is very nice and their open door policy allows us to come and go as we please. I try to make it there a few days a week over lunch. Simon's favorite spot is the four-banger Boppy play pad in the middle of the room. He likes to hang out on Boppy number 3 and keep things in his pockets (what else are babies supposed to use pockets for?).
That same day, Simon started doing some weird kind of hiccuppy laugh. He's been making a lot of new noises (moo, goo, ooh, ahh, eow, agg, puh, muh, owhoo) but this one was by far the most interesting.
After the daycare roof incident it continued to rain for two more days. This afternoon, we came home to this in our backyard.
Here's a little background. When Debi and Rocky stayed behind in Colorado as I ventured to Iowa for a job at Rockwell, they were both very depressed. So Debi got Rocky this pink-puppy-looking thing and he loved it! And I got Debi a baby, and she was eventually happy as well.
Anyway, after spending all week outside, Pink Puppy No. 1 (yes, there is a No. 2 thanks to Target) ate the big one. He was in sad, sad shape, so I did what any responsible dog toy owner would do. Observe:
Yay! Tomorrow's the weekend!! That's mean more time with Simon, so I'm sure we'll have plenty more to write about in a few days. Take care!
I think....that some engineers have way too much time...I'm sure pink puppy no. 1 will be missed...
ReplyDeleteAnd I love Simon's laugh! Very sweet!
OMG! That was so touching, and purely entertaining. I haven't laughed so hard or out loud in a long time! Thanks Pink Puppy No. 1.
ReplyDelete